Welcome to the first edition of Kurzschnitte II, a collection of links I came across in recent weeks. These links were noteworthy to me, but I don’t want to write a full blog post about them. Instead, I’ve gathered them here for you to enjoy.
The title of this series is a reference to the German word “Kurzschnitte,” which means “short cuts.” I coined this term back in 2000 when I moved to Lübeck and sent out short emails with news to my friends and family about my life. I fondly remember editions like the one where I recounted a search for my new “home pub” in Lübeck that led me to a gay bar with an Asian bartender in fluffy cow-patterned trousers. Little did I know.
The “news"letter evolved into what became my first blog, which I called “Schreibblogade” (writer’s blogade, pun intended) - marking the beginning of an internet era.
Enough reminiscence. Enjoy these links!
- Invoice Dragon: Invoice Dragon is a React application that simplifies the process of generating professional invoices and receipts for any business needs. Fill out a form, select a template, and generate your document!
- Elon Musk Today: A collection of Elon Musk’s
vaporwareannouncement tweets that are still waiting to come true. This list sadly isn’t updated too regularly - the entire cage fight story is still missing.
- Understanding and Using WordPress Nonces Properly: A deep-dive article on the WordPress developer’s blog about nonces, what they are, how they work, and how to use them properly.
- Bun Guides: A collection of code samples and walkthroughs for performing common tasks with Bun. In the past, we referred to these as “cookbooks,” which I think is a much better name.
- Using TypeScript in React: Everything you need to know about using TypeScript with React, directly from the React team.
This post is part of #100DaysToOffload 48 posts since Dec 04, 2022 — 85 total posts