Notes from the Laboratory: December 2022 (and November too)
I am trying this new “thing” of “reporting” what I was up to in a certain time period this year, and monthly reviews just sound like something normal people would do. So bear with me while I am typing up this report.
Once again I missed a whole month of reporting. I guess I will pretend that the plan always was to report bi-monthly only :D
So what happened these past two months?
- Back to PHP: This is a longer story, I might write a separate post about it. The short version of it is that in 2020, at the begin of the pandemic I started to transform a tour booking system I wrote in PHP for the “new” PHP version. Covid hit and the program wasn’t touched or used for the next 2.5 years. Here in Thailand all tourism was extinct due to the border closures. When businesses restarted old PHP versions were finally deprecated and the program basically stopped working properly. Lots of work, proper typing (finally) refactoring and some months later the program seems to be up to the task again. The haters will have had some form of stroke reading the acronym PHP, but for me it’s finally (with v8.1 and v8.2) in a position to take care of all the issues I had with it over the years.
- kollitsch.dev: Nothing much changed on this site, mostly due to the feeling, that one (me) can over-optimise things and I am trying to stop doing that.
- Self optimization: I started making lists and automate export of self-tracking tools and programs I am using. Being a big fan of statistics I can’t wait for the patterns to emerge ;)
- 2022: Well, I am glad that year is over. Much chaos, lots of lows, and my body started telling me that I am old. I pretty much need two different types of glasses for different types of looking outside of my body. Weird. Oh, and Twitter died. Happy this year is over.
- All the other stuff: As always there was a lot of things that I just ignored or let slide. But that’s life. I guess.
This post is part of #100DaysToOffload (total posts:57)