I am trying this new “thing” of “reporting” what I was up to in a certain time period this year, and monthly reviews just sound like something normal people would do. So bear with me while I am typing up this report.
Another month went by without so much saying hello or good buy. Very annoying. We have a heatwave of some sorts at the moment here in Thailand. It’s always very hot and humid in April and May, but this year it was “something completely different”. The heat is not the problem, but the humidity. It’s like walking through a sauna. I am not sure if I am getting old or if it’s really that bad. I am a big fan of air conditioning and paid the bill for that ;) My computers decided to work only until a certain degree (celsius) so aircon and reading material was the way to go in the day time and working in the night time.
- KOLLITSCH.dev*: I am mostly done with the theming and the layout of the site. Maybe I will be changing some colors here and there, but I am pretty happy with the current result. We finally are back to a dark/light theme with a switcher, based on the user’s preference. I very much prefer that. There is not much I have to complain about Bootstrap 5.3. (Maybe just the missing VSCode extension that shows the resulting CSS when I refer to a Bootstrap class in my styles, like the one for (see below) TailwindCSS?)
- Self optimization: I started to automate the export/import of data for my self tracking obsession. There is no central format that all these nice tools (Galaxy Watch, Withings Body Cadio, Withings BPM Core, Google Fit, Samsung Health, Ultrahuman R1, Sleepmi Z3, UMind Mirror and so on) use, so it will be a constant struggle to get the data into a format that I can use. I am a big fan of statistics and I want to force myself to keep within more self-imposed rules.
- TailwindCSS is not so bad ;)
- /uses: I recently rediscovered my /uses page and added some of the tools I am using. I am still not 100% sure what to put on this page, but I guess it’s a good start.
- Plans: The plans for next month are smaller fixes and AAA compliance to the color scheme(s) of this website, fixing FOUC stuff (there is plenty of it going on, right?), adding a search engine (I find myself often looking for that one entry where I wrote about that thing, or maybe I didn’t?) and packaging and configuring the theme into it’s own module (to live-on on other sites). I am also looking into a way to adding more “entertainment” stuff onto these pages. Like movies, tv series I watch, music I listen to, and so on. I am not sure if I want to do that, but I am thinking about it.
- All the other stuff: As always there was a lot of things that I just ignored or let slide. That’s life. I guess.
This post is part of #100DaysToOffload 51 posts since Feb 14, 2023 — 91 total posts