I am trying this new “thing” of “reporting” what I was up to in a certain time period this year, and monthly reviews just sound like something normal people would do. So bear with me while I am typing up this report.
- Not much happened, other than weird things: I sometimes wonder if people are just misunderstanding the meaning of “Open Source”. There is some serious trolling going on several projects I try to contribute to. People seem to think “Open Source” means free support. Well, it doesn’t. People seem to think, they are entitled to leave their micro agressions in issues and forum threads. They are certainly not. I am growing slightly annoyed by people feeling entitled to free support. And in such cases I tend to retreat a little bit and do stuff that is more gratifying to me.
- That weird theme bug in Google Chrome: I realised, that people on Chrome didn’t see much of the “graphical text elements” (let’s call them that for now) because Google does not support
background-clip: text. I thought it did, but it turns out that they require the prefixed version of the command (
-webkit-background-clip: text). This is annoying, because on caniuse.com it shows green and I would have assumed that a prefixed support would lead to a yellow support color. It doesn’t. Which brings us back to one of my favourite mantra: “Less assumptions, more verification.” People told me, I ignored them. Repeat my other mantra: “Listen.”
- All the other stuff: As always there was a lot of things that I just ignored or let slide. That’s life. I guess.
- Notes from the Laboratory: December 2022 (and November too)
- Notes from the Laboratory: October 2022 (and September too)
- Notes from the Laboratory: August 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: July 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: June 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: May 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: April 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: March 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: February 2022
- Notes from the Laboratory: January 2022
This post is part of #100DaysToOffload (total posts:39)