I am trying this new “thing” of “reporting” what I was up to in a certain time period this year, and monthly reviews just sound like something normal people would do. So bear with me while I am typing up this report.
- Focus: This month I tried the Pomodoro Technique in various methods (typically it’s 25 minute work intervals with 5 minutes downtime between them, but I also tried 90 minutes with 20 minute breaks. It’s not really working, because so many interruptions just come up. I am not giving up on the concept of timed work-blocks… let’s see what else is possible.
- Hugo Modules: I moved the documentation of stable modules for GoHugo that I developed here into the kollitsch.dev-Website. They still need some more fixing and formatting.
- kollitsch.de: Lots of work under the hood. I am nearly done moving the theme to a “Dark Solarized”-based one. The devil is in the details.
- Small steps: I am planning on posting more frequent and less concerned on this website. Let’s see where THIS is going. I think the way I posted before was too worried about quality and kept some nice posts away in the depths of
- Health: I got myself an inexpensive Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (because version 5 came out this month with not too much new features) and am happily tracking health data on a more regular base. Before it was easy to ignore the “check your weight” alarm, now it’s right on the arm. Let’s see if it will become an annoying mis-trial or will help to get healthier (lighter, hehe).
- The automated doghouse: My now dogless home was upraded this month (with a slight concentration on overkill) to one of these “Hello Google” houses. Think of it as the bungalow of Google-controlled rooms where in any corner someone is listening to what you have to say. We are still in the giggling state of “Hey Google, play the Corn-Song on the living room TV” but I think we might start doing some serious uses like lighting and plant-watering and -monitoring in the near future. I switched on the TV for the first time in about 5 years to configure a Google Cast thingy (after searching and finding a replacement for the remote that in the meantime went on to become a home for termites and did not like to work anymore).
- TV/Movies: While we are at it: I started non-binging the series (plural) du jour, namely She-Hulk, House of the Dragons and that Lord of the Rings series that I don’t have an opinion on yet to name it directly. For the past decade(s) I mostly watched series and movies on a second screen while programming on the main station. I am interested to see if this changes some of my more hermitty type of media consume.
- All the other stuff: As always there was a lot of things that I just ignored or let slide. That’s life. I guess.
This post is part of #100DaysToOffload (total posts:33)